Tuesday, June 29, 2010

{5th Stop Green Mountain, Colorado}

It was really fun to head and see my dad and the home I grew up in. I always love going back and going down memory lane. We didn't stay long in Colorado cause we weren't sure all our stops along the way, but we had so much fun while we were there. The first night we got there we headed to CASA BONITA. This is one fun restaurant. We used to go there a lot growing up. On Halloween kids would eat free if they dressed up, so of course my family jumped on that since they had 6 kids.

We had such fantastic seats. We totally lucked out for how many people were there. While we were eating our dinner we watched the divers and a show. I had a smile on my face the whole time.

All the kids participated in a pinata. The lady gave Addison the head of the horse. They hung is on one of our hanger hooks in the van the whole way to NY. (I was thrilled-please here the sarcasm in my writing)

We also went through a scary dark cave. The girls were pretty nervous and were excited to get out. As for me I had a to play around a bit.


CROWN HILL PARK
This is a wonderful park to walk around. So after church on Sunday we decided to walk around the park. It was such a nice day. The kids loved see all sorts of birds.
(Geese)

(Red Breasted Bird)


This is one bird we were not planning on seeing at the park.
It's a Macaw!

Here the Macaw is dancing for us. The kids were dancing along with it too. It was so fun.


That's right I got to hold it and kiss it!


The kids were a little nervous at first but warmed up really fast.


I finally got my dad to hold it. The bird didn't like my dad (males in general).




CROWN HILL CEMETERY
I woke up in the morning at 2am Sunday morning. I went downstairs to get a drink of water. I noticed a vase of fresh flowers on the table and asked myself "did Jon buy me flowers. Why would he by me flowers while we are traveling across the country?" I thought to myself "oh well that is still so darling" In the morning I woke up and asked Jon, "Did you buy me flowers?" His response was "No, well yeah, well I bought them for your mom. I thought we can go to the cemetery and put them by your mothers grave" I have no doubt in my mind that my mother loves Jon. What a suck up : )


Everyone had a turn putting flowers in the vase.
Mom- after 12 years of your passing you still mean the world to me!
Love You!


Wayne & Family

One night I stayed up till midnight to wait up for my brother to come home from the airport. He came we talked for a while and he left before 4 am the next day to catch another flight. I really doubt you have ever looked at my blog once, just cause I know it's not your thing, but if by some miraculous chance you did. I wanted to let you know how much I love you and your family and will miss you guys. More then anything I loved popping in at your house in Vegas, and see you candidly playing with your children. You always play with your kids and teach them so many fun stuff. You are such a wonderful dad. I know I have said this next part before, but I am so glad we were able to live close by each other for 3 1/2 years. I was so sad when you left me, but so glad I had that opportunity to get to know you better.

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I know Dad had a great time with you. I am glad that you got to put flowers on Mom's grave. That is sometime my kids love.