One day Alix told me there was a huge bug by the hose. I told her I was on my way and not to touch it. Then when approached I may or may not have screamed. I was so scared and didn't begin to know what to do. Alix noticing my fear took a stick and said, mom there's nothing in it. Let me show you it's just a shell. I thought she was a looney and told her to stay away from it. Really this thing was 2 inches big. After a while of acting like the biggest wimp in front of my girls I took the stick from Alix and sure enough SHE WAS RIGHT. Nothing was in there it was the bugs carcass.
SO IF YOU KNOW ME WELL I DID SOME RESEARCH. I talked to my neighbor and he told me what it was and laughed at me too. I then got on my computer and did some research on the little bugger. This is what I found.
this is the annoying bug you hear at night on the East as well as in Kansas on the farm. They are so LOUD. Some cicadas produce sounds up to 120 Db Which is loud enough to cause permanent hearing lose to humans. They are the loudest insect.
They are also known as the "June Bug"
They say you know when you are in the peak of the summer when you start hearing them and when you stop hearing them it means FALL IS COMING!
I NO LONGER HEAR THEM AND I'M GETTING EXCITED FOR THE FALL!
2 comments:
Way to be brave Alix! It is a good thing your mom has you.
I'll take the June bug over scorpians any day
Post a Comment