
I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I went to the sacred grove. The Sacred Grove is where we believe Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It's an area behind the Smith Family house. Quite a Large area where you can walk around ponder and contemplate. It's the perfect place for that (well as long as there are not a ton of people there) It's very quiet and when you walk through it our of reverence you are reverent. For my experience not knowing really what is was going to be like was walking the path. Along the path were a few plaques describing the area. We finally approached the "SAcred Grove" and with out knowing I knew first by the feeling I got not so much the area. I knew without anyone telling me to be reverent. To me it felt like a Temple outside of a Temple.

We don't know the exact location where Joseph prayed, so it leaves you speculating a little bit and then you realize it doesn't really matter that we know the exact spot. We had a wonderful experience it was a beautiful Sunday Morning too. I was really glad I got to experience this with my family.

This tree above is called something like the" The Tree of The Twelve Apostles" I didn't know what it was until I saw someone take all these pictures and nosey me had to ask and they told me. Glad I asked cause it's not marked.

I really wanted to snag a leaf from a tree for keepsakes. In the past they would let you do that but they don't anymore because it started to get a bit overboard.

The Threshing Barn


The Smith Family House

Poor little Alix was wiped out from the night before and wasn't feeling at her best this day.
Palmyra, NY Temple



I love that the door have Stain Glass of Aspens like the Sacred Grove.
4 comments:
Those windows are awesome. I would really like to go there someday. That would be a great experience. I am glad that you are able to do this.
What a neat experience. I have a fall leaf that one of my insitute teachers gave us. He made them into bookmarks. What beautiful doors.
That's probably why they don't let you take leaves anymore cause your institute teacher went wild and cut down a tree so all his students could have a leaf! : )
Thanks for sharing! How beautiful just your pictures are- Can't imagine in real life! It's on my list of things to see. I think our family vacation for the year 2012(!) is NY to see the Macy's parade and do Christmas shopping. You think that would be an ok time of year to visit there too? Or is it better to do in summer?
Post a Comment