Friday, September 3, 2010

{UPDATE- Hurricane Earl}

This is Jon's view from the hospital of the surf he texted me this today by saying "The surf is amazing it didn't' get too crazy but definitely crazier than normal"

I am happy to report all is well on the Island. Hurricane Earl breezed right by leaving the Hamptons a high tide with 12 ft waves to watch. I haven't heard of any damaged to the Island and I'm not sure there will not be much of any.

They expected we would still have high winds today and tomorrow with rain, but we have had little rain and the wind has been feeling really good, but not too strong.

Jon was so sweet and stayed up late getting gas in the car, getting all the patio furniture, grill, and kids outdoor toys in the garage for any high winds. As I did all the laundry, dishes, and bathed everyone in case of shortage of water, charged cell phones, our toothbrushes : ).

I may of taken extreme measures but I wanted to be prepared just in case. This is the closest I have ever been to a Natural Disaster. This next part I'm not sure I dare admit, but I was anticipating for a little action. oops. . . it slipped.

1 comment:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I know you were looking for a little action. I thought it might be exciting as long as everyone was okay that is. Great job on getting ready just in case.