Tuesday, September 14, 2010

{Our First Visitor}

We were so excited to have our first visitor since we moved to NY. Jon's sister Amy came to visit us with her friend Lindsay. They played so much in the City. The joke was "I think you guys will know NYC better then us by the time you leave here and we live here" the girls were so excited for them to be here and couldn't wait to wake up every morning and peek in their room to see if they were awake yet.

One day we headed to the city with them. They played with the girls in central park while Jon and I did some sealings in the Temple. We got sooo lucky and ran into the Temple President and his wife and after talking with them he offered to do the sealings for us. It was amazing. It was a bit funny cause when I first starting talking to them I had no idea who I was talking to until later I looked down at their badges. Maybe it's more common to run into the Temple President in the Manhattan Temple vs. The Salt Lake Temple. You think.

Across the street from the Temple where I took this picture I saw my FIRST FAMOUS PERSON IN NYC or at least recognized them it was VICTOR GARBER. He was walking by himself down the street but in a fast pace. Probably so people like me don't stop him. He walked right by while I was trying to flag down Jon so he would notice and a less obvious way but I didn't do a good job cause he only saw the back of him.

a Favorite movie he is in of mine is LEGALLY BLONDE!



KIDS PLAYING IN CENTRAL PARK. I LOVE THE BUILDINGS IN THE BACKGROUND.




AFTER PLAYING IN THE PARK we headed on the Subway to SoHo to go SHOPPING!


We found this "Sooo Good" Store which I absolutely went wild about. Got the girls some darling headbands and myself one too along with this darling necklace I'm holding. The best thing the PRICES ARE INCREDIBLE! And the shopping is FUN!

Amy is planning a trip next March to come back and visit. We are very excited for her return.
Thanks Amy for Visiting!

F.Y.I.
visitors always welcome
hint hint

3 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

That sounds like fun. Glad she could come and visit.

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

I caught the hint. I will try to come out. I would love to see NY. That is cool that you have seen a famous person. That is awesome that Amy was able to come out. I am sure that she had a ton of fun.

Season and Isabella said...

I want to go to that store! What is that on the walls?